Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Douglas Fairbanks And A Brief Hiatus

The Monkey will be busy with family matters for the rest of the week. Rather than rush the essay on the best actress of 1932-33 (comedy/musical), I'm declaring a brief hiatus from blogging. But fret not. I should be back with another indigestible three thousand word nugget on Monday.

In the meantime, I leave you with the last big screen appearance of the great Douglas Fairbanks, the 1934 comedy The Private Life Of Don Juan. Directed by Alexander Korda and co-starring Merle Oberon, it's the story of an aging legend not quite sure how to fill the hours now that he's retired.


2 comments:

Douglas Fairbanks said...

I admit -- I had lost my mojo.




PS mr MythMon -- I have lost, or misplaced, my iPhone
I shall speak with thee anon

Douglas Fairbanks said...

oh, I almost forgot -- fuck Marlene Dietrich [and you won't be the first].

She couldn't hold a candle to your other pollsters. . . .